Friday, January 2, 2009

Kissing and Telling

Though we kissed through the wild blazing nighttime,
She said she would never forget.
But now mornin's clear,
It's like I ain't here,
She just acts like we never have met.

I Don't Believe You - (She Acts Like We Never Have Met) - Another Side of Bob Dylan - 1964

Sometimes you encounter a moment of transcendence and you know something is happening at the time but its not until about 20 minutes or 20 hours or 20 days later when the full bounding magnitude of the thing hits you.

I got kissed by a girl on New Years Eve and it was without a doubt one of the top-5 kisses of my life. I don't mean to brag or boast but I've had my share of kisses but if there was ever a kiss that defined the word "spark" this kiss was it.

It was a hungry kiss that sent shivers down my spine, the kinda kiss someone saves up for awhile and just unleashes with stunning feracity. She just unloaded on me and I may have been just as hungry to receive it. I'm not sure how else to describe it except here I am 48 hours later thinking about it - so it must have been damn good.

I hope I see that girl again because if she's bringing that to the table, I want more then one.

5 comments:

  1. These moments of life do occur but is it the kiss itself that plays the catalyst in a life changing moment or is it rather a combination of catastrophic events that bring about epiphanies of this magnitude ? Maybe you were in that place but she wasn't, perhaps you cling to the kiss because you physically and spiritually communicated the energy to the next soul...Is Bob heartbroken within this moment or is this his ego spitting reluctant venom to the woman that attempted to break him ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superior version of this tune on Bootleg Series 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I don't mean to brag or boast but I've had my share of kisses"
    anybody who writes a sentence like that automatically makes it obvious that it's extremely untrue. As does the fact that the rest of this was written like an excerpt from a Judy Blume novel of a 14 year old girl describing thier first makeout party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admittedly I'm no Dylan. And even Dylan wasn't clever with every line so cut me some slack.

    Overall though I think I conveyed what was happening. I guess you've never had the experience or you wouldn't react so. Perhaps you don't even believe that type of moment to be possible. In that case, I suggest listening to Nashville Skyline (1969).

    ReplyDelete