Friday, January 2, 2009

Reborn

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

- The Times They Are A-Changin' - The Times They Are A-Changin' - 1963

Its time that we stopped talking about change and started achieving it. I'm not really talking about political or social change but rather what we want to do in the world. I'm kind of sick of this existential funk I've been in since the end of college and yes, I realize the irony of posting Dylan lyrics as being exactly that kind of mental masturbation but, I think I've turned that corner. If its grad school or a new job or a new girl I'm just gonna stop asking why or how come and just do. Whats the worst that can happen, we flame out? We reach rock-bottom? So be it. Let's at least go down swinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment